question

troy-templin avatar image
troy-templin asked

Gui Mods v10.39 how do I SHOW multi tile if no inverter on?

With the new v10.39 update,img-3663.png my inverter is hidden when it is off. This is how we normally turn it on, but now it is blank. Is there a way to show it even when it is in the off state? If I turn it on from a different screen It displays like normal.

@Kevin Windrem

gui mods
img-3663.png (329.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
rock2ya avatar image
rock2ya answered ·

it would be nice if you could switch the new function on/off as the Screen in a small DC System eg a Campervan it looks strange without the inverter and the small clock1718393069291.png

1718393069291.png (65.7 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

troy-templin avatar image troy-templin commented ·

Exactly, it is also the easiest way to change the status of a multiplus when using a Victron Touch 50 or 70. If I leave the Multiplus on "charge only" it remains visible but also uses a few watts constantly. For now, I have gone back to v10.38.

0 Likes 0 ·
troy-templin avatar image troy-templin commented ·
v10.40 was just released, and it also does not update this and has the same problem. I'm going back to v10.38 for now.
0 Likes 0 ·
egbert avatar image
egbert answered ·

i have the same problem with 10.44

1718703350351.png

1718703350351.png (137.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

The missing Multi tile should obviously not be happening. It works on my system so I'm going to need more information. Type of Multi and logs (see SetupHelper readme for how to get to them if you don't have ssh access). Also firmware version.

2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

I made a few changes to hopefully make the Multi tile appear when it should. v10.45 is available now. Please let me know how this works out.

13 comments
2 |3000

rock2ya avatar image rock2ya commented ·

for me it is still gone, but as i said i have no Multi at all. Do you want still want the log?

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem rock2ya commented ·
If you don't have an inverter or inverter/charger you should NOT see the Multi tile. This is a change I made recently at a user's request.
0 Likes 0 ·
rock2ya avatar image rock2ya Kevin Windrem commented ·
can you tell me wether it would be possible to have the battery at the place of the inverter for better visuals on a small dc enviroment? or can't the tiles be "exchanged"
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem rock2ya commented ·
You could move the tiles around by editing the code but I'm not prepared to do this as a standard part of GuiMods. GuiMods is approaching end of life and will not be migrated into gui-v2 so I'm only considering very minor changes.
0 Likes 0 ·
i totaly understand, thanks
0 Likes 0 ·

would it be a big effort to make the tile switchable instead of deciding if a inverter is connected? i used it with a different picture and it served my purpose better than nothing

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie Kevin Windrem commented ·
Hi Kevin

Re Inverter tile in the earlier ver 10.39 it was gone and in 10.45 its back again if no inverter charger installed?

Just a test of thsi feature.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem Rob Duthie commented ·
I had several requests to hide the Multi tile in systems that do not have an inverter or inverter/charger. That happened starting in v10.39 but bugs required a few versions, now on v10.45.

So with v10.45, you should NOT see a Multi tile if there is no inverter or inverter/charger connected to the system.

0 Likes 0 ·
Hi Kevin

Its still there when nothing connected.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem Rob Duthie commented ·
There's a user preference that allows all tiles to be shown. Maybe that's set. If you set Inactive Tiles on Flow Overview to Hide do you still see it?

I have a RPI I use for development that does not have any devices selected and do not see the tile

0 Likes 0 ·
Hi Kevin

It works ok on the raspi 3 but not the raspi 4 as i have two test units running the same vensus firmware versions, when you set the gui mods from stock to simple it changes as it should ok, except for the rapsi4 ?

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
I'm on 3.40~29 and i have your latest guimods installed
0 Likes 0 ·

hi, i got another question. would it be possible to hide these AC Fields in this overview aswell?
1721663615039.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1721663615039.png (74.9 KiB)

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic