question

Alexis Kalogerakis avatar image
Alexis Kalogerakis asked

GuiMods with lithium battery

Hello.
I would like to ask if I can have indications from the bms of the battery (cell low voltage, cell high voltage, temperature, real capacity, remaining capacity) in the cerbo which has GuiMods installed.

Definitely the battery should give me this information via the can bus as details.

If he gives it to me, can I see it in the cerbo?

gui mods
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Alexis Kalogerakis,

Provided that the BMS (needs to be compatible) is sending data for lowest cell voltage and highest cell voltage, then they will be displayed in the GX device and regardless of whether GuiMods is installed.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexis Kalogerakis avatar image Alexis Kalogerakis commented ·
Thank you for your answer!

Bms is compatible (BYD LVS20).

With gui mods installed i don't have data from bms.

I think i need to install VeCanSetup to take data, but said that must installed with command line and i try to figure out how i should install it!!!

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Alexis Kalogerakis commented ·

I'm not entirely sure BYD is sending this data and I cannot imagine how VeCanSetup can change that.

However, I have moved your question to the modification space in hope that someone else will jump in who can help: @Kevin Windrem

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

There is no space to show cell voltages in the battery icons on the flow pages, but as Stefanie says, you should see it in the BMS menu item in Device List.

GuiMods does not make any changes to what is shown in the Device List.

VeCanSetup adds VE.Can/CANbus ports to a GX device. Up to two ports can be used.

Cerbo has both so you can not add any more or change from the built-in ports.

CCGX has one port, so you can add a second with VeCanSetup.

Raspberry PI has no bulit-in CANbus ports so you'll need a USB adapter or CANbus "hat" an will need command line access to run VeCanSetup since you need to select the specific devices you plan to use.

VeCanSetup does not alter data in any way.

You can use the command line command

candump any 

to monitor CANbus activity.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic