question

davereidy avatar image
davereidy asked

New MPPT 20/100 not talking to phone correctly

G day, I have bought the mppt 20/100. I have added the device to my phone and can connect to it via the app. Once it has connected it shows me 3 options only. If I click to change the pin I “think” it works, but not sure as there’s is no obvious change. if I try to change the name on my android phone and on my iPad it crashes the app. If I hit to update the firmware it opens a blank firmware library page. Both my android phone and my partners iPad render the same result. What am I missing here? I have power cycled ever which way, removed apps etc and I always end up with the same result. I am connected only to a battery as I am bench testing. A solar panel will come later once I get this talking to my phone correctly.

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solartravels avatar image solartravels commented ·

Hi Guys,

Exactly the same problem here, internet is available though cannot update. App sais last firmware is in place. Tried 3 devices, 2 android 2Iphones. No luck.
Charger works when all is connected to solar and battery, can get in the unit it seems, just cant get to the charging readings. Please help, I love the unit (see at a friend) but cant use mine for checking what it is doing through bluetooth..

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Davereidy

Try running the update option when you have an internet connection on the device you are connecting with.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.