question

gloriavan avatar image
gloriavan asked

MPPT Charge State with DC Loads

Hi,

Campervan set up where I have 325W solar into a MPPT and a Smart Shunt. I leave the fridge, wifi and digital switching on when i'm not there and the solar keeps up with the demand no problem.

Question is, if the battery is full but there are DC loads will the MPPT switch into float or will it drop to absorbtion again?

MPPT SmartSolarSmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
cardy01 avatar image
cardy01 answered ·

Mine will go ffom absorbtion into float and stay there with dc loads connected whilst there is solar and only come out of float when the battery voltage drops.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gloriavan avatar image
gloriavan answered ·

Thanks, I think i need to do a bit more tweaking on the settings, i'm running the Firefly Oasis 12V (x2) and although there's a few threads on them i've not seen a complete list.

A screenshot of settings for the Solar MPPT, Multiplus 1600 and Smart Shunt would do wonders.

2 |3000

cardy01 avatar image
cardy01 answered ·

Mine are all set to the Gel Victron deep discharge (2) defaults .. so ... Absorpbtion 14.4, Float 13.8 on the MPPT. Same basic setting on the MultiPlus.

Happy to answer any specific questions ....

2 |3000