question

t-roy avatar image
t-roy asked

VE Configure Advanced Tab Missing

ve-configure-3.jpgThe advanced tab is missing to prioritize energy sources. Multiplus ii, Color Control. Software is updated, Version 2780491. I can't figure it out.

VEConfigure 3
ve-configure-3.jpg (111.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

What version of VE.Config do you have?

The MultiPlus needs to be at FW 506 or higher.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:solar-and-wind-priority

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

t-roy avatar image t-roy commented ·
VE Config 3, top left corner of the pic. Version shows 491, but when checking for updates, states it is updated. Can I download the FW506 to a thumb drive and upload to the Color Control?
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ t-roy commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
t-roy avatar image t-roy Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

VE Config 3 shows on the help, just as in the pic. Checking for updates on the Color Control state up to date, also checked compatibility and it's good, (purchased everything this last year) and I'm not seeing the ability to update on the VRM, nothing below the devices on the device list like the video.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ t-roy commented ·

This is the current VE.config version:

1717736463321.png

To update the MultiPlus you need to read the links I posted above.

The easiest way is via VictronConnect (first link).
All settings are reset to default during the update!

0 Likes 0 ·
1717736463321.png (21.1 KiB)
t-roy avatar image t-roy Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
OK, so I found the issue with not seeing the firmware update on the VRM Device page. The two-way communication was not switched on within the GX device. Update to FW 510 went without a hitch, advanced tab now displays and usable. Thank you very much!!
0 Likes 0 ·