question

tom-croon avatar image
tom-croon asked

Venus GX and Modbus TCP

Hi!

I have connected with the Venus GX and charging is working. I have troubles to discharge the battery.

The commands I'm using are:

Commands for charging:

Modbus adres

Value

38 (Charge)

39 (Feeding)

37 (Setpoint charge/Discharge)

Feedback from Venus GX

Bulk

Commands for discharging:

Modbus adres

Value

38 (Charge)

39 (Feeding)

37 (Setpoint charge/Discharge)

Feedback from Venus GX

PassTrue

Charging is working by writing these values, but discharging isn't. Does anyone have any Idea why this isn't working? The values are written every 200ms.

Thank you in advance!

Modbus TCP
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ole Saether avatar image Ole Saether commented ·

What exactly are you trying to do?

I discharge my batteries by connecting loads to them, not by writing the Modbus.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Alistair Warburton avatar image
Alistair Warburton answered ·

I am saying this a great del just recently... I am NOT a Victron expert

However if you tell an inverter charger not to charge and it still has an AC input its only option would be to ignore, and not use the powre, or pass it directly to the load thus not using the battery.

I suspect pass through is just that, input to output with the battery idle.

You will probably find that it will do what you want if you set it up to do that in the fist place. My point is that yor commands are probably correct but your basic setup isnt, or at least isnt what you think it is.

To be honest I dont understand what you are trying to do but the responce dosnt look silly from a device that will probably be attempting to maintain batter SOC untilll you tell it not to or it cant because there is no AC input.

my guess is that the response uld be 'inverting' if you physically disconnected the input or told it to ignore it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources