question

ukgab avatar image
ukgab asked

MPPT 75/15 V1.14 PV+ terminal screw siezd

Hi,

I'm attempting to upgrade my solar panels but the PV+ terminal screw won't move.

I've tried everything I know for 2 days now.

Any tips before I cancel tomorrows planned getaway ?

Or any ideas as to what happened, only that terminal & the very end of the cable affected, all other terminals on the controller and everything else in the 'electrics' cupboard is fine.

Thanks,

Gary.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
cardy01 avatar image
cardy01 answered ·

On mine - it can appear seized if I don't use a screwdriver bit which is a very good fit for the slot

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ukgab avatar image
ukgab answered ·

Thanks, definitely the correct screwdriver, now it's on a bench with the board supported I have to be careful not to snap it off the board.

1 comment
2 |3000

cardy01 avatar image cardy01 commented ·
I had exactly the same issue on Tuesday .... 2 minute task took 35 ... good luck
0 Likes 0 ·
ukgab avatar image
ukgab answered ·

Day 2 now, I'm going to have to order a replacement, I'll see if I can find someone to solder a replacement terminal block in situ when home again.

It's been a great controller until now.

1 comment
2 |3000

Duivert NL avatar image Duivert NL commented ·
Normally you could heat it up, but since its plastic cant do that

you could freeze it with freezespray
0 Likes 0 ·