question

Luis Rascão avatar image
Luis Rascão asked

Spontaneous single reboot after power up (Multiplus 5k)

Today i had to power down my Multiplus 5k (230V) to connect the battery cables (no battery still), last time i had to power it down i also noticed this. About 5 minutes after it gets internet access (through the Cerbo GX) it restarts once, after that it stays in normal operation, no errors are shown or nothing. It just reboots, it's as if after it connects to VRM it gets an instruction to restart. I'm puzzled why this happens, anyone noticed this as well?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Luis Rascão

It shouldn't be switched on without a battery. It is a battery based system. So i am not surprised.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Luis Rascão avatar image
Luis Rascão answered ·

But everything does work without a battery minus this single phantom reboot after initial startup so that doesn't really explain it

4 comments
2 |3000

Duivert NL avatar image Duivert NL commented ·

its designed to work with a battery connected as alexandra already stated, so you can get all kinds of unexpected errors without

0 Likes 0 ·
Luis Rascão avatar image Luis Rascão Duivert NL commented ·
i get that, but i don't see any errors anywhere, VE Bus errors have nothing, leds show no errors as well. If it's an unsupported scenario you'd expect that to surface somewhere right? Suppose i had batteries and they "disappeared" from the MK2 perspective, what is it going to do?
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Luis Rascão commented ·

Since it is dc based, the system will charge/discharge its capacitor bank expecting a refill or an absorption from DC, then cut out because of power loss (if depleting) as there is no reserve left.

Its primary source is the battery not grid even though grid is connected.

All features like power control, power assist and surges come from the battery side.

FYI you can cause damage to the capacitor bank.

There are no errors since the is not doing anything unexpected. And there is no time now for the gx to log anything as the power has gone out.

1 Like 1 ·
Luis Rascão avatar image Luis Rascão Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Alright, thanks for the explanation, i'll power it down until i can bring in the battery bank. I feel like my use-case is not all that uncommon, i'm gradually piecing together a PV system so logically the first piece is the inverter which in this current configuration should not doing anything other than grid pass through.

| FYI you can cause damage to the capacitor bank.

Such a catastrophic consequence should definitely warrant some kind of error code on the leds and at the very least some mention of it in the manual?

0 Likes 0 ·