question

the-nook avatar image
the-nook asked

Can I connect the battery balancer alarm to the VRM ?

I’ve just bought three battery balancers to connect to my 48v system.

Firstly, I see an alarm and reset, can this be monitored/turned off/ used to shut the system down remotely via the VRM, should a problem be detected?

Also, I see in the instructions, comments regarding balancer wire, should a battery or batteries become open circuit, at differing percentages. Is the academic, if you use the largest wire that fits in to the balancer?

Last question, I have 12 batteries in three strings, does it matter which string the three balancers are connected to?

Many thanks

Ian

leisure batteries
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Plese read the bocklet "Wiring Unlimited"

If you have 3 Strings of Batteries, then you have two solutions:

1) Use on EVERY STRING 3 BatteryBalancer

or

2) Of cross connect the Batteries and use only 3 BatteryBalancer

Note: This is all written in the Documentation. (RTFM = Read The Fine Manual)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

the-nook avatar image
the-nook answered ·

Great, thank you.

I’m already cross balancing.

How about the other questions?

Thank you

2 |3000

the-nook avatar image
the-nook answered ·

Would anyone mind pointing me in the right direction to somewhere that can answer my questions please?

Many thanks

2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

In order to monitor the midpoint alarm on vrm, connect the alarm outputs to a digital input of the cerbo, then set alarm parameters for the digital input. When triggered, you will receive an alarm from vrm.

2 |3000

the-nook avatar image
the-nook answered ·

Great, thanks.

I don’t have a cerbo.

Or is there one built in to the easysolar I have ?

Thanks

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic