question

Tom avatar image
Tom asked

Multiplus Temp sense voltage requirements

If I want to send a signal to the Multiplus to shut down charging in an over charging alarm signal from a BMS I assume I would connect it to the Temp Sense. Is this correct? What is the voltage range for the signals? Where can I find information on how to use and set up all the relay functions on the Multiplus? The Manual does not provide the information needed.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ยท

Hi Tom

You did not say which model of MultiPlus you have.
Generally, the configuration changes that you want to make are done with VE.Configure software and the MK3 dongle.
Here is the VE.Configure manual: https://docs.victronenergy.com/veconfigure.html#warning

Within VE.Configure you need to set up an "Assistant". An Assistant is set up to perform special functions theat wouldn't normally be used, which is whey it is out of the scope of the MultiPlus manual.

The particular Assistant that would be of interest to you is the "Charge Current Control" Assistant.
Here is the manual for the Assistants: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:start

I have set up the Charge Current Control Assistant as an example. You can alter the values to suit your needs. The Voltage input to the "Temp" input is up to 4.5V.
In the example I have set the input Voltage range from 0.5V to 4.5V which will conrtol the charge current between 0A and 90A. If you just want Charge / No Charge, then just apply a 0V or 5V signal to the Temp input to enable or disable the charger.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Tom avatar image Tom commented ยท

Thank you for the info. The 5 volt max voltage input was what I was looking for.

Tom

0 Likes 0 ยท
Tom avatar image Tom commented ยท

Thank and yes this is what I was looking for. I have a Multiplus 24/3000-50-70. I needed to know the input signal of .5 to 4.5 volts so I do not put to much voltage. I will use the Temp sense to shut down charging if an individual cell voltage gets to high and/or to not allow charging if the battery temp is below 40 deg F for Li Ion.

Tom

0 Likes 0 ยท