vigilant asked

Charger & Inverter Suggestion

I have a solar trailer that came with the following Victron equipment:

• MPPT 150 | 70

• Smart Shunt 500A

• Smart BatteryProtect BP-65

• Cerbo-S GX

• GX Touch 50

It also came with the following non-Victron equipment that I would like to replace with Victron equipment for monitoring purposes:

• Mean Well NST-450-1-24US sine wave inverter (Input: 20-33VDC, Output: 120VAC, Output Power: 450W continuous, 900W Surge)

• YEWY UY-2500 Battery Charger (Input: 90-130VAC, Battery: Lead Acid, Voltage: 24V, Current: 65A)

The trailer has a 30A input plug where I can connect a shore line to grid power or a generator if necessary.

Also the trailer is equipped with 3 - 435W solar panels and (6) 200Ah AGM batteries.

The inverter will most likely not be used often. Just looking to replace the existing equipment with similar sized Victron equipment.

I was looking at the Victron 24/500 for the inverter but I'm stuck trying to find a comparable charger.

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

The higher output centaur chargers are probably the closest match.

But you may be better off with an integrated inverter charger from the multiplus range.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image snoobler commented ·
I'm not seeing any of the smaller 24V multis for 120V. Scads for 230VAC.

Smallest 24V multi in 120V is the compact at 2000VA.

I'd just stick with the Phoenix 24/500 and use the charger you have unless you need it integrated.

0 Likes 0 ·
vigilant avatar image vigilant snoobler commented ·
I'd like to be able to monitor the incoming AC so that if it's disconnected I would get an alert. Is there an accessory that I could utilize for this?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Chargers.

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic