question

markhmotorhome avatar image
markhmotorhome asked

DC isolator not charging my Hab battery

Hi, I installed a DC isolator switch ( 32A/500v) so that I could charge my EcoFlow Delta2 when I was away from the van. My Hab battery is connected through a SmartSolar MPPT 75/15. Up until I installed the switch this fed my Hab battery ok.

However, it now just shows “Charger Off” when I switch them over, even though it’s very hot and sunny and the EcoFlow is showing a steady 80-90w input this past hour.

I have 2x 75/15 MPPTs and tried them both through the isolator switch, but neither register any solar watts, but they do when connected direct.

The isolator is patently working because it is charging my EcoFlow, so the wiring is not wrong and 2x MPPTs surely cannot fail independently ?

Any thoughts as to what I should test next ? Is it possible that the 120w panel is just not able to push enough thru the switch ?

My Hab battery is showing it is under max voltage so does need some charge.

Cheers

MPPT Controllersisolators
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

A wiring diagram would help a lot.

Please also post a screen shot of the MPPT s reen in Victron connect. And what is the explanation given by the system when you click on the why is charger off message?

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic