question

emg avatar image
emg asked

Request to the DESS Developer Team. Energy price Spain PVPC

Hello,

I have been testing my small installation with DESS enabled for a few weeks.

Now I can say that the prices used in the formula to calculate the cost of purchasing electrical energy are not the most common for Spanish consumers.

The portal www.esios.ree.es is the official source in Spain for obtaining the costs of electrical energy.

The following graph is a screenshot of this information portal.

240516-esios-prices.jpg

I have verified that the value for "p" used in the DESS calculations when Spain is selected, corresponds to the red curve in the graph. However, it should be noted that in Spain, most of the consumers who have a low voltage variable rate, with a contracted power of less than 10KW (common in private homes), are billed based on the variable price called PVPC ( small consumer voluntary price), corresponding to the curve in yellow.

The mechanism for obtaining the PVPC curve from the wholesale price (SPOT) is not trivial, and as seen requires certain time lags and other variable multipliers not dependent on "p"

Since there are many users who are interested in having "p" referenced to PVPC, would it be possible to have two items in the country selection?

• Spain SPOT (current data)
  • Spain PVPC (new entry)

Many thanks to the development team.

Enrique - EMG

dynamic ess
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
adalid-ot avatar image
adalid-ot answered ·

@Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy)

Has anyone on the team seen this request?

Is it something that only happens in Spain?

Perhaps another possible solution would be to offer a configuration entry so that each user can indicate the source of the price data

In the particular case of Spain, the API calls are documented here:

https://api.esios.ree.es/

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Peter avatar image Peter commented ·

I can help you in my program...

https://www.messenger.com/t/1535517615

0 Likes 0 ·
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) answered ·

We'll be adding this as an extra bidding zone.

2 |3000

emg avatar image
emg answered ·

Great to read this!! Thanks Dirk

2 |3000