question

cyberhom avatar image
cyberhom asked

Inverter and Auto washing Machine

I have a Multiplus 12|3000|120 installed to primarily run a hoover auto washing machine. The washing machine is 50Hz 220-240 Volts. Checked inverter settings with Dip switches. When running washing machine with Genny no issues, with Inverter the control panel lights and counts down the minutes but nothing operates within the washing machine. Tried running with a 100w lightbulb as suggested on this forum, no difference, no noticeable flickering of the light bulb. Has anyone found a solution to this? Or have I just wasted a rather large amount of money. Thanks

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cyberhom avatar image cyberhom commented ·

I have the Dip switches set to 230v 50Hz

0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Are you getting any error codes from the MultiPlus? Overload, Low Battery, anything like that? I'm just thinking that perhaps the inrush current of the washing machine is too great for the Multi to handle with whatever battery bank you have (obviously the larger the bank, the greater buffer you have).

I've seen similar occurrences but never without the Multi throwing an error code...

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi Justin

By error code, do you mean a combination of the LED lights with regard to General Error Indications. If so, no there are no errors showing.

0 Likes 0 ·
cyberhom avatar image
cyberhom answered ·

Hi Justin

No error codes or lights. Just incase that was an issue, I fully charged the Trojan T 1275 440 A/hr batts to float on mains, then fired up the main engine with its 69amp alternator. Same issue, control panel lights but does not process or countdown.

2 |3000

svenjoy avatar image
svenjoy answered ·

I see no further discussion on this item -- has it been solved? I have the same issue - no overload on the inverter, only runs successfully on the generator. It used to work - so I believe it is connected to a firmware upgrade.

1 comment
2 |3000

I have not resolved this.Svenjoy, have you had any luck.

0 Likes 0 ·
trip-tracks avatar image
trip-tracks answered ·

Have you tried connecting to the inverter using the MK3 adapter and checking the configuration?
There is also some VE.Bus diagnostics available using the adapter.

Have you checked if you can run other appliances? Try a toaster and a 2400W kettle or hairdryer and let us know if they work.

2 |3000

simen avatar image
simen answered ·

This sounds like a power factor problem.

2 |3000

cyberhom avatar image
cyberhom answered ·

All solved.

The Multiplus was syncing to a non existent AC in, hence minimum value of 45Hz. Disconnected. All sorted. I have a happy washing machine.

2 |3000