question

shikanai avatar image
shikanai asked

1. input and output of the generated electricity should be done with one cable.

photo.png

We are currently using Multiplus 24/70/3000 series inverters - your product.

I would like to ask the following questions.

1. we want to use a single cable for input and output of the generated power.

Our company is experimenting with renewable energy and would like to use the electricity generated by the engine via your inverter,

We are actually able to generate and use electricity with this experimental equipment.

We would like to use a storage battery or extract electricity from a storage battery. (See attached document).

However, we are not sure how this is achieved with a single power strip. Normally, we believe that if we want to charge electricity to the storage battery, we should use an AC-Input cable, and if we want to use the electricity from the storage battery, we should need an AC-Output cable.

Is it possible to control the function of storing electricity in the storage battery or using electricity from the storage battery with a single power strip?

We would appreciate it if you could tell us.

If possible, we would appreciate it if you could tell us on what page of the specification sheet it is described.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
photo.png (5.2 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Duivert NL avatar image
Duivert NL answered ·

hi what you have drawn in the schematic is dangerous!

dont do that, you can not combine them in to one power strip, use dedicated in and output connectors and cable's for AC in and AC out

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

prein avatar image
prein answered ·

If it is a grid connected system (looks like it is from your picture). you can use the ESS function to charge and discharge energy using only AC-In.

Basically you use the stirling engine as a separate part now and use control setpoints to direct the energy of the engine to the battery instead of to the grid.

just read the ESS manual

1 comment
2 |3000

shikanai avatar image shikanai commented ·

Thank you for your answer.

The company that provided me with this inverter responded that it is the only product that they have verified and can charge and discharge even with one power strip.

I also checked the ESS manual.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/ess-introduction---features.html

In the attached photo of the URL above, the wording is.

”All loads are wired on the AC output of the inverter/charger.The ESS mode is configured to 'Keep batteries charged'.”

Is it safe to assume that this proves the specification of the functionality that is possible in this schematic?

I have also created an image of the electrical flow when this function is realized in the attached document.

enigine_240516.pdf

Please take the time to check it out.

0 Likes 0 ·
enigine-240516.pdf (305.0 KiB)