question

alexben avatar image
alexben asked

Multiplus Compact 24/2000 Won't turn on

(I had to choose a topic from pre-ordained list it seems, closest I could find was "fuses")

When I turn it on via toggle to inverter setting, it flashes yellow, but that is all it does. No current shows up at output. It is attached to a battery bank of 24V x 305 Ah of LiFePO4 showing 25.3 volts.

1) I've studied and reset the dip switches, I do not think that is the issue

2) I've checked the one small visible fuse in the upper right corner

3) I've bought the Mk3-USB and successfully upgraded the firmware from V498 to the current 510.

4) I tried to feed it 110 V AC to see if that would "wake it up", this did not work.

I do have an RMA to send it in, but its almost assuredly out of warrantee, and I did not buy it myself new, so I have no receipt. Shipping isn't cheap, and there is the time element as well.

I'm very comfortable unsoldering and soldering in components, I have an excellent desolder tool with vacuum etc, and good equipment to resolder as well. Warrantee is up, so its worth doing simple things in my opinion.

Are there any other fuses I can check on my own, even if it requires some disassembly to get to the boards? It seems nearly inconceivable that such an excellent product isn't easily fixed. Not sure what else to try at this point.

fuses
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@AlexBen

Even as a second owner you will get a warranty cover if it is under 5 years old.

If you managed to update firmware, then the unit switches on.

You will need to disable virtual switch or conditional AC connect depending on what program you are using. That will most likely be the reason why it is not connecting to grid immediately. Other than mixing line and neutral.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alexben avatar image alexben commented ·
The virtual switch doesn’t affect inverter output from battery as a source as far as I can tell. Am I missing something?
0 Likes 0 ·
alexben avatar image
alexben answered ·

img-9637.jpegOld board

img-0066.jpegNew Board

img-9637.jpeg (2.6 MiB)
img-0066.jpeg (3.1 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

alexben avatar image alexben commented ·

Well, I sent it in to Inverters R Us. They could not fix it in house. They sent it to Victron Repair. It appears that they took out the old board, one with a socket for a chip, and the new one is permanently soldered in.

It was covered by warrantee, and I only paid one way shipping, hopefully it works now.

I’m guessing this is the “current” board, an update of some sort,

Anyone have anything to add? Known weakness of the old system?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Fuses & fuse holders Product Page.

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic