question

greenbimoon avatar image
greenbimoon asked

Why is Mppt Low temperature cut-off with Smart Battery Sense, not completly cutting off?

I was just checking my Mppt Low temperature cut-off by setting the cutoff to 10°C and then cooling my Smart Battery Sense down below this setting.

I noticed that I was still getting 0.2A going into my battery.

Why dont I get a complete cutoff?

It was late in the day with only a little solar coming in, but I did the same the other day in bright sun and got same results but didnt record it.

MPPT Controllers
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

greenbimoon avatar image greenbimoon commented ·

As I will be charging LiFePo4 during winter and my batteries will be getting cold, I would like to know why the mppt with temperature sense is not able to completely cut off the current coming from it to the battery??

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ greenbimoon commented ·

Can you confirm that the 2W is flowing into the battery (eg with a BMV), and is not being self consumed by the MPPT?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
greenbimoon avatar image
greenbimoon answered ·

Hi Guy,

Im away on a job now for a month so will report back once Im home

Thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wanek avatar image wanek commented ·

hello!

can you share what was the final verdict, regarding this issue?

thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·