question

tropical2 avatar image
tropical2 asked

No output on BlueSolar MPPT100/50, 24V

I have two BlueSolar MPPT100/50, 24V parallel to charge a 24V bank. Two independent strings of panels. Despite an input on bth MPPTs from the panels and the MPPTs showing charging in bulk or float mode, there is no output measurable from either to the batteries. Has anyone any idea what the problem could be please? best regards. Uwe email: busup99@icloud.com

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
christyler avatar image
christyler answered ยท

Is this a new installation, or was it working before and only now shows this fault ??

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tropical2 avatar image tropical2 commented ยท

It was a new installation. I didn't realise that it wasn't working as the motorhome was on external power supply.

0 Likes 0 ยท
tropical2 avatar image
tropical2 answered ยท

It was a new installation. I didn't realise that it wasn't working as the motorhome was on external power supply.

2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ยท

@tropical2, I'm curious as to your statement that you have two controllers "...24v parallel to charge a 24v bank..." and I just want to clarify that you have the two controllers, each set to 24v operation, connected separately to a single 24v battery bank?

Secondarily, are you certain that the controllers themselves are set for 24v operation? They only sense 12v or 24v operation once, so if they were used units or if you hooked them up to any 12v nominal system before final installation, they might be set to 12v operation and, thus, would not be charging your 24v bank.

If you have photos of the installation, that would be of great assistance... the fact that neither of them is working is a big clue, but of what remains to be seen.

3 comments
2 |3000

tropical2 avatar image tropical2 commented ยท

thanks for coming back to me. They are new and have never been used before. your are correct, each MPPT is separately connected to the same 24V bank. I am running two strings of panels. So in case one fails, the other one is still going.

I bought these MPPT as 24V. I have attached how the solar system looks like.

Solar System wiring diagram .pdf

0 Likes 0 ยท
nick-wiggill avatar image nick-wiggill commented ยท

This matter of sensing once off... I'm very glad I found this answer or I'd never have known! Not too pleased, especially as it affects resale value. Is this stored in EPROM or is it a hardware burnout?

0 Likes 0 ยท
Rob Fijn avatar image Rob Fijn nick-wiggill commented ยท

Hello Nick, your resale value is still good, as the 12V or 24V selection via the menu can always be done later. It is the automatic sensing of the battery voltage that automatically set this value for you.

Regards, Rob

0 Likes 0 ยท