question

Leslie Olson avatar image
Leslie Olson asked

Multiplus 12/3000/120 will not turn on (error "Low Battery Power") while 92% state of charge, 12.8 volts.

I have a Multiplus 12/3000/120, Digital Controller 200/200A, MPPT 150/50, BMV712, Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery Bank (600AH). In the past 2 weeks the inverter would not turn on (error "Low Battery") would illuminate, while the BMV712 showed 67% battery state of charge, and 12.4 volts. Seems like the condition is getting worse. Today, with 20.2 amps coming in from Solar panels, 92% state of charge, and 13 Volts I could not get the inverter to turn on (same error "Low Battery"). I Cranked up my Champion 3400 Inverter Generator which is tied into the inverter with the same 30 Amp cable that supplies shore power when I connect, and the inverter turned on immediately and was usable.

Any ideas why the inverter is not turning on and has a "Low Battery" fault with the stats above?

What do I do to fix? Ideas?

Thank you very much!!!

Leslie Olson

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Leslie Olson avatar image Leslie Olson commented ·

I have a 4 foot long, awg 4/0 cable going from each terminal (Pos and Neg) to the Multiplus with the Victron BMV712 Shunt in Neg side and Cut-off switch and 300A Fuse in Pos side. I have 6, 100 AH Lithium Iron Phosphate (Battle Born Batteries (BMS and lots of battery protections built into each battery)) batteries in parallel with awg 2/0 between each battery). Pos and Neg battery connections are at opposite ends of the battery bank.

We have been using this setup for 4 solid months, full time and this issue just started about two weeks ago.

Thank you for any help you can provide!!

0 Likes 0 ·
treadlite avatar image treadlite Leslie Olson commented ·

I just started having the same problem. I am using ESS and I change to lithium in the assisant. The assistant says I need to use a battery assistant, but there isn't one that matches non victron batteries.

I am currently getting Low Battery warnings at 26.3v on a 24v system.

0 Likes 0 ·
img-7377.jpg (115.3 KiB)
1 Answer
coltarkdm avatar image
coltarkdm answered ·

I'm. a novice, so keep that in mind. My lithium voltage charge chart indicates that 12.4v is about 13% charged, not 67%. That would explain the inverter/charger not coming on. Perhaps you need to make some changes in the settings of your 712 to get it to report the correct SOC.

voltage-chart.jpg (98.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.