question

bluewave999 avatar image
bluewave999 asked

Battery Monitor RS Solar with external DC load

Looking at installing a Multi RS Solar 48/6000/100-450/100 in an off-grid system.

Looking at the battery monitor function - it seems there is no way to include any external DC loads - i.e. any 48V load other than the internal inverter input cannot be seen by the built-in battery monitor? I am guessing there is an internal current shunt - in theory you could wire an external DC load there, but that shunt might have other purposes (e.g. monitoring the inverter load).

Is this understanding correct? Be nice to have an all-in-one unit, but maybe I need an independent battery monitor. Is there any way to use the Multi RS Solar battery monitor with an external DC load?

BMV Battery MonitorMulti RS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@bluewave999

Thr all in one units are now the MP2 GXs and the easy solar GXs.

The multi RS is a hung and done system, no extras. What you are doing moves to the extras. For DC loads on most systems you need a shunt anyway, you will now need to add that and add a GX to coordinate all the information and then your DC loads will be accounted for.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.