question

Marco Granai avatar image
Marco Granai asked

Multiplus 12/1600 overload

Hello, I have a MultiPlus 12/1600, and I would like to use it to power a 1450w coffee machine. However, when I power the coffee machine, an annoying overload alarm (display+cerbo gx) goes off. Why does this alarm go off? Can I disable this alarm?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

What kind of coffee machine?

Some actually have a higher peak power that is pulsing, in average that's around 1450W but the peaks are higher.
The MultiPlus doesn't like that pulsing and your 1600VA MultiPlus only has 1300W of continuous power.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Marco Granai avatar image
Marco Granai answered ·

I need a compact machine, they are all 1450w. the load is resistive so it would be 1450va, lower than the 1600va of the multiplus

3 comments
2 |3000

phoenix avatar image phoenix commented ·
The spec is 1600VA for non linear loads, 1300W for resistive. You are exceeding the continuous rating of the inverter, so it alarms
0 Likes 0 ·
Marco Granai avatar image Marco Granai phoenix commented ·

thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
An automatic coffee machine is not purely resistive; sizing to the max of an inverter and assuming standard conditions may well lead to unhappiness. Wouldn’t recommend it myself.
0 Likes 0 ·