question

edstobi avatar image
edstobi asked

NodeRed hanging

Hello

NodeRed is stuck on the Cerbo.

I have to start and stop OS node red via Cerbo venus lage OS, then it runs again. It only happens after several hours or days after restarting node red. It also seems that only node red is affected.

Is there any way to find out why this happens?

I have many flows and a dashboard. I can't tell when it started. I have already deactivated all flows that are not urgently needed.

There are no error messages in the VRM. Is there a way to call up a log or to log it?

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

I'm not 100% sure of log location for node red on cerbo. My guess is maybe ssh into gx and go to /data/log/node-red-venus/current (or equivalently /var/log/node-red-venus

See if you can see anything in there when the behavior occurs.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

edstobi avatar image
edstobi answered ·

Hello

I have found two things,

firstly I found that apparently setting gloable variables with "store in file"( does not work and it is then stored in memory.

And the mqtt LWT (last will) simply comes after a time in mqtt that it is offline although this is not the case.

If I lock in and trigger a debung to get a takeover afterwards, the LWT is up to date onliene again.

Here I do not understand why mqtt does not maintain the LWT, especially since every 5 seconds the Cerbo node red is sent via mqtt ( other MQTT server)

Are there better settings for Retain and QoS than the default ones?

2 |3000