question

bigal avatar image
bigal asked

BMV712 with Temperature

Hello,

We have installed the BMV712 with two battery banks and are using the leads supplied with the unit to monitor the voltage of both banks.

We really want to monitor temperature of both battery banks as well. Is there a way to do this without simply buying another BMV712?

Cheers

Al

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
timmermc avatar image
timmermc answered ·

That's the way to go. I use the SBS to monitor the voltage of my starter battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Hi Bigal,

"We really want to monitor temperature of both battery banks as well. Is there a way to do this without simply buying another BMV712?"

Unfortunately on the second input of the BMV712 you can only measure voltage or temperature.

You could use a Smart Battery Sense on the second battery for both voltage and temp. Then monitor on your phone/tablet. Get the blue coloured SBS (longer range BT).

2 |3000

bigal avatar image
bigal answered ·

Thanks - that looks like what I want. It would be really nice if the Smart Battery Monitors would connect to the BMV712 as part of a network like the solar controllers do.

Cheers

2 |3000