question

andrey avatar image
andrey asked

The power consumption of the AC OUT-1 Quattro exceeds its rated power

My Quattro with fully charged batteries and Fronius Sumo 12.5-3-M outputs power up to 12.5 kW. The system is not connected to the city network. Sometimes in the daytime I need up to 20 kW of electricity. Can I solve this problem by connecting additional solar panels to my Quattro using Smart Solar MPPT RS modules? Wouldn't this be a violation of the connection rules?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@Andrey The total system output limit (12.5kW) will not change and in order to do so, you will have to add an additional inverter in parallel and scale up solar and storage in line with this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

duivert avatar image
duivert answered ·

the 1:1 rule is not for MPPT's only for AC inverters, but however as @ejrossouw already stated thats not going to solve your problem

2 |3000

andrey avatar image
andrey answered ·

Friends, thank you for your answers. But at peak loads, I already get 10 kW from my Quattro from the battery and about 10 kW from Fronius connected to AC output 1. In total, about 20 kW. I thought that the MTTP RS 200/100 connected to the batteries would reduce the load on them and reduce the discharge current of the batteries.

1 comment
2 |3000

duivert avatar image duivert commented ·

yes the mppt will do that when there is enough solar available, take power from PV connected to MPPT instead of battery discharge

that was not in your original question :)

0 Likes 0 ·