question

hari-offgrid avatar image
hari-offgrid asked

What is the power supply voltage range of the internal GX card

My Multiplus II GX only runs sporadically. However, I have several DC loads running. I am therefore thinking about switching off the Multiplus when not in use and supplying the Multiplus GX card externally. Does anyone know if the GX card has the same power range as the Cerbo GX? I read a report that it runs on 12V, but will it also work on 48V?

multplus 2 gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Hari OffGrid,

The GX card that is inside the MultiPlus-II GX and EasySolar-II GX has a power supply rating of between 8-70V.

However I personally wouldn't supply less than 12V or more than 60V (that said I wouldn't bypass the internal power supply at all). You have to be extremely careful that there aren't any voltage spikes which can happen on cheaper power supplies when connecting and disconnecting.

Can't you just switch the inverter component off via the GX interface? That should maintain power to the GX part, but not run the inverter part.

cleanshot-2024-05-02-at-134727.jpg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic