question

david-stanislavov avatar image
david-stanislavov asked

Victron 12/800 inverter low voltage error

Hello,

I am connecting a 12/800 inverter to my alternator and in the begging it works fine. I will be using it for max of 500W and the fuse I use is 50 amp with a wire that is 8mm2 4 meters. However when I connect my 470W charger, it shuts off and give the low voltage error. I am measuring with a multimeter(on the screws at the top of the input) and it does not drop below 13V. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Do I need bigger wires or is something else the problem?

voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@David Stanislavov I am measuring with a multimeter(on the screws at the top of the input) and it does not drop below 13V.

The voltage drop probably happens to quickly for the multimeter to measure. Thicker wires and a suitable larger fuse would help.

As a quick test, you could move the inverter right next to the battery, and use very short cable.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

I'm hoping you're not connecting the inverter straight to the alternator?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic