question

jan-bolecky avatar image
jan-bolecky asked

MPPT 250/100 Vecan stops charging (refuses to go into external control)

so my system consists of

3MPTTs 250/60(vedirect),250/100(veCAN),150/70(vedirect)

3x multiplus 3000.

battery with 2signal bms.

the system was reliable for 3months and then 250/100 mppt controler stopps pulling power from solar when batteries reach 100%SOC but i am also feeding back into grid and he refuses to start. Theres enough voltage in PV (140)and all mppts have the same settings 2others mppts are working properly and this 250/100 is at 0W. The battery voltage in device list on all MPPTs is +-0.01V the same. I tried updating everything and all devices are up to latest firmware.

few things I noticed:
- 250/100 is not in "External control" mode

- when i power cycle or disable enable charger through app it switches into external control and works fine, sometimes 1 reset wont help.

-in the remote console device list when i open its settings and go into Device theres VRM instance row with value "0" other mppts have some value in it.

all in all it looks like cerbo fails to control the 250/100 mppt through VEcan

MPPT ControllersESSexternal control
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@jan bolecky

Probably a good idea to mention all other components (gx) of the system and all the firmware being used.

Usually an update to all the latest is the first step in troubleshooting.

0 Likes 0 ·
jan-bolecky avatar image jan-bolecky Alexandra ♦ commented ·

1714401253047.png

heres the info of the whole system. Yes i updated everything.

0 Likes 0 ·
1714401253047.png (36.2 KiB)
1 Answer
jan-bolecky avatar image
jan-bolecky answered ·

Problem solved with downgrading to SmartSolar_MPPT_VE.Can_250_100_rev2_v3.10_A115.xup version. I`ve seen ppl with same problem, so bad firmware prob.
All i did:
1.Download mentioned file in victron.proffesional site

2. through vrm -> device list -> firmware update uploaded mention file.

I guess dont upgrade your mppts :(

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @jan bolecky,

Please upgrade the firmware back to v3.15 as soon as possible - there is a very important bug fix in that release that can prevent the unit from failing.

I have asked someone to get in touch with you about the bug you are reporting with the export, but it's very important that you use the v3.15 firmware until that can be resolved.

Using v3.10 is not the solution.

0 Likes 0 ·
jan-bolecky avatar image jan-bolecky Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ,

Thank you for your fast reply, lvl3 support got in touch with me and temporarily solved the issue with enabling the DVCC.

0 Likes 0 ·