question

desswiz avatar image
desswiz asked

**Title: Need Help with DESS Configuration for Critical and Non-Critical Loads**

Hello everyone,

I'm using a Victron DESS and trying to optimize my setup for energy management during normal operations and grid outages. Here's my current configuration:

- **Critical Loads**: Entire house

- **Non-Critical Loads**: Two car chargers

**Issue:**

I've designated my entire house as "critical load," expecting it to be powered by DESS during normal operations and grid outages. However, I'm not sure if the system is functioning correctly under these settings, particularly regarding how the non-critical loads (car chargers) are managed during grid outages.

**Questions:**

1. Should the "critical load only" setting ensure that during a grid outage, the DESS powers only the house and not the car chargers?

2. Will the car chargers avoid drawing battery power and only use grid or excess solar when the cars are charging under normal conditions?

3. Is there anything specific I should check or adjust in the DESS settings to ensure that it handles these loads correctly, especially during repeated grid failures?

Any insights or suggestions on how to better configure my DESS for optimal performance and efficiency would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

dynamic ess
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers