question

thomassolar avatar image
thomassolar asked

Re-Bulk next day (Blue Solar)

With the new FW 1.42 and Victron Connect 5.9 (beta) it is possible to adjust the "re-bulk voltage offset" (the voltage when the regulator returns from float to bulk). I have adjusted this so the voltage has to drop A LOT in order to re-switch to bulk (because I don´t want it to go back to bulk the same day).

But what triggers Bulk the next morning? Does it always start in Bulk after the night? Or always if the battery voltage is lower than the set float voltage in the morning? Or could the re-bulk voltage setting cause the regulator to NOT start in bulk the next day?

In other words:

Can I do whatever I want with the "Re bulk voltage offset" without interrupting a bulk-start the next morning?

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Hi Thomas,

"Or could the re-bulk voltage setting cause the regulator to NOT start in bulk the next day? "

Interesting question. I think the "rebulk voltage" is only applied when the mppt is in the "float" state.

The next morning the mppt wont start from "float".

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

Yes with v1.42 the MPPT will always start a new charge cycle each day, beginning with the bulk phase - even if the battery voltage does not drop below the rebulk voltage overnight.

A 'rebulk' function always existed, but the voltage at which it was triggered was not user configurable before.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.