question

kreijnen avatar image
kreijnen asked

Alternator temperature in Node-RED

I'm trying to get alternator temperature data from WS500 into node-RED, but cannot find with succes. I can find battery temperature measured by WS500, but I'm looking specifically for alternator temperature, which is also displayed in advanced charting in VRM. So my feeling says it should be available somehow...

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Have you tried the custom input node, I do not know if this will work, it is just a suggestion. If it does work, let us know as that would be useful information.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

@kreijnen I suspect what you found as battery is the alternator temperature, just miss labelled. Have you checked the value in NodeRed verses what is listed under the device through the GUI. VenusOS only reads alternator temperature from the WS500.

2 |3000