question

robmller avatar image
robmller asked

Why are amps not passing through L2 on AC-1 Multiplus II 2 x 120?

Both L1 and L2 are delivering volts to the distribution box, and L1 is operating as it should. A/Cs, microwave and fireplace all work fine. Howecer, nothing work on the L2 line. Volts seem to be conming through (multimeter test), but no amps are showing up and no. outlets are working. Is there an amp setting on the Multiplus II or anyone know of any reason why this could be happening?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Are you talking about L2 on ac output 1? Or are you referring to AC output 2? They are not the same thing and function differently. Out of the box, acout 2 is only powered when grid/shore is connected but not while inverting.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

robmller avatar image robmller commented ·

Output 1. Nothing is connected to output 2. I’ve determined that power is getting to everything but for one gfci circuit. Power is passing through the circuit breaker so time to start looking for a disconnected wire, I think.

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

There is no separate setting for L2. The only difference is that if you are connected to single phase 120 input, then L1 and L2 are combined and will show as L1 usage only. If you are not getting power on L2 output I would look at the wiring.

Check for voltage on L2 output at the multi terminals.

1 comment
2 |3000

robmller avatar image robmller commented ·
Never to proud to admit it. I am an idiot. I immediately doubted my installation of the inverter and started troubleshooting everything but the obvious. The GFCI tripped on the outlet in the garage bathroom. Everything downstream from there stopped working. All good now. Thanx for your comments.
1 Like 1 ·