question

ajfeather avatar image
ajfeather asked

Smart controller compatibility

I think the answer will be no but I need to ask. I have 2x Panasonic hit 330w panels each with a max voltage of 58 volts connected in series, these are connected to a victory 150 35 smart controller. I would like to add a third panel. This would knock ybe combined voltage over 150. Please advise

smart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Hi ajf.

Panel Voc of 69.7 ? ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/solar/specsheet/n325330-spec-sheet.pdf

Depends on how cold it gets, maybe you shouldn't even have 2 in series.

Maybe 3 parallel would suit a 24v battery, though would need string fusing and cable upgrade.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

System voltage 12v I assume and the answer is no indeed. Try the handy calculator on their website. If it was 24v you could get away with 3 in parallel. Also, you typically use VOC for rule-of-thumb calculations.

https://www.victronenergy.com/solar-charge-controllers

2 |3000

ajfeather avatar image
ajfeather answered ·

I forget to mention it is connected to a 48 volt battery bank

2 |3000

ajfeather avatar image
ajfeather answered ·

The voc voltage is 71 volts

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic