question

Martin Opdebeeck avatar image
Martin Opdebeeck asked

EVCS in Auto Mode without injection

Hello all,

I have a personnal installation here with an EVCS station . All the install is in AC coupling modus and also connected to a Battery pack.

In the summer in the afternoon, my car is charging in Auto mode without any problem. system is managing this perfectly.

So I convinced my son to install Victron.

He installed 3 multiplus 5kva on a 31 kwh power bank (Pylontech).

This installation DOES NOT inject to the Grid.

Everything is working perfectly. Except the EVCS that do not start in Auto mode. However the batteries are full, however there is sun. EVCS does not start.

I putted the evcs in Manual and immediately the MPPT's are producing approx 8kw and inject it into the EV.

Installer told me that Auto mode is not working in this case because we do not inject a least 1200 w into the grid.

I Hope this is a joke?

System should refer to power coming into the Mppt's when battery soc is OK to start the charging process and not the power that is injected into the grid (6A min).

I am a little bit dissapointed. when there is sun, and when batteries are full, I have to manually start charging and managed to regulate the power injected according with the power produced.

So what is going wrong.

I updated Cerbo, MPPT's and EVCS to latest firmware but .....

Please do not tell us about Node Red..... this should work without Node Red.

I think I really miss something as it works perfectly in my case with AC-Coupling

Thank you for the time you will spend on this question.

Martin

evcs
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nikolay avatar image nikolay commented ·

Hi Martin Opdebeeck. Can you please share the screenshot of the settings - GX device page? And a screenshot or a short video of the EVCS main page in the moments when you think it should start charging in auto mode. We have to check power values to understand why EVCS won't start charging.

1 Like 1 ·
Martin Opdebeeck avatar image Martin Opdebeeck nikolay commented ·
OK . I will do this when we will have a lot of sun and batteries charged again, Will come back to you soon
0 Likes 0 ·
By the way, Nikolay, regarding the screenshots on the GX, I suppose you are talking about the EVCS settings ? do you need some other setting pages?

0 Likes 0 ·
nikolay avatar image nikolay Martin Opdebeeck commented ·

I mean all the screenshots from the EVCS web interface. EVCS main page(with schematic) and settings->GX device.

0 Likes 0 ·
ok thks
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic