question

darrenb avatar image
darrenb asked

Victron 75/15 max output / How to stop inverter draining battery.

Hi, I am wondering what the max output is of the controller as i can only seem to run a very small led light, anything else makes it cut off.

Also I just purchased an 1100w inverter which works great and is connected straight to the battery, but is there a way to stop it completely draining the battery, maybe something where i can change the voltage cut off like i can in the controller app?

Running 100w panel sometimes 2 depending on vehicle.

100ah lithium battery

Victron 75/15 bluetooth.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Darren.B

The 74/15 can output 15A.

Use the load output of the mppt to switch the on off switch for the inverter maybe? No idea what inverter you have.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

darrenb avatar image darrenb commented ·
Ive got an energizer 1100w inverter. How would you do that? You cant connect an inverter directly to the mppt output!?
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ darrenb commented ·

Can you program the energiser?

How do you feel about product mods?

Isee it does have a remote option. Looks neat. Not sure how that works but possibly hackable.

The easiest way is to pop out the physical on/off switch and use the load output to drive a contactor that switches the 'switch' wiring based on desired mppt settings.

Mod can be reversed if you can do it nicely.

0 Likes 0 ·