question

mark-chewins avatar image
mark-chewins asked

BMV and multiple Venus GX units

Is it possible to connect a BMV battery monitor to multiple Venus GX units using a USB hub so that they all see the same battery SOC?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi Mark, this is not possible unfortunately.

What do you want to accomplish? multiple systems on one battery bank?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mark-chewins answered ·

Pity - I am running a 3 x single phase system each with own mppt, multiplus and Venus connected to a single battery bank. I was hoping to use the Bmv to give accurate soc info to the inverters - how can I achieve this?

4 comments
2 |3000

I'm afraid the only thing that would work is to use multiple BMV's

0 Likes 0 ·
mark-chewins avatar image mark-chewins Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

thanks Daniel - so you propose 3 BMW units connected to a single shunt?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ mark-chewins commented ·

That is possible, but not officially supported.

It should work if the connections are done well.

0 Likes 0 ·
mark-chewins avatar image mark-chewins Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

thanks Daniel

0 Likes 0 ·
mark-chewins answered ·

I am running a 3 x single phase system each with own solar bank, mppt, multiplus and Venus connected to a single battery bank. I was hoping to use the Bmv to give accurate soc info to the inverters - how can I achieve this?

2 |3000