question

cyril-normandie avatar image
cyril-normandie asked

Tri phase installation with 1x Multiplus2 8k and 2x multiplus2 5k

Hello,

Following the sale of my previous house, I had to cancel my photovoltaic project (adding a battery and "autonomous" capacity to an existing installation). The company I had commissioned requires me to take back some of the equipment that they will not reuse. So, I have a Victron Multiplus 2 48-8000-100-110 and a Cerbo GX in my possession.

I have moved into a three-phase house and I intend to purchase equipment to install a ground-mounted photovoltaic 7-8kW system (with identical panel orientation and without shading), complementing the equipment I already have. Therefore, I assume I need to add 2 additional Multiplus 2 units. I have considered converting the house to single phase, but it is not reasonable.

Questions:

1. Am I required to purchase 2 additional Multiplus units identical to the first one, or would it work if I buy 2 Multiplus 2 units at 5kW? (There is a significant price difference between 5 and 8 kW)
  2. Do you have any advice on the configuration to be implemented?

Thank you in advance for your advice and information.

Multiplus-IImultipluss ii
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
duivert avatar image
duivert answered ·

hi, see: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems

so, no its not possible to combine a 8k with 5k's,

also if your 8k is to old newer one's might not match!

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cyril-normandie avatar image cyril-normandie commented ·
Thanks it is confirming what I am afraid of. I will probably loose money here :-(
0 Likes 0 ·
cyril-normandie avatar image cyril-normandie cyril-normandie commented ·
My Mutliplus 2 48-8000 is from mid 2022 - Do you believe new ones will not work with that one?
0 Likes 0 ·
duivert avatar image duivert cyril-normandie commented ·
They probably will work ok, best is to ask your victron dealer if its the same hardware revision

Mine are also from different years (2020 and 2022) and work ok!

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes