question

kev avatar image
kev asked

Multiplus II GX not appearing in local list on Victron connect app

I’m having problems with my Multiplus2 GX disappearing from the local device list on the Victron connect app. I can still access the local console via VRM and by performing a reset, the Multiplus2 GX reappears in the local device list on the Victron connect app. A few days later, it will disappear again. My other system uses a Colour GX and this works fine. Is there a known bug?
The Multiplus is connected via WiFi and appear on my router as a nanopi. If I type it’s IP address into a web browser, I can access the remote console.

Kev.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Sounds as if the GX is locking out of the network and not able to get in again. I've seen it on other Linux devices as well as my CCGX, so it's not a Victron issue afik.

In the network settings of the multiplus there's an option to restart the network if it's disconnected for a period of time. Try enabling this and take a stab at a reasonable time setting.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kev avatar image kev commented ·
Hi, the restart network is enabled but I don’t think the Multiplus is being locked out as it’s still visible via VRM which would need a network connection. Also I can type in its IP address and access the remote console which also would require a network connection. It seems like some sort of identifier, that the Victron connect app is looking for, is missing.
0 Likes 0 ·