question

mikepail avatar image
mikepail asked

Venus OS 3.20 MFD App - Display power in watts instead of current?

The new MFD integration is beautiful, but information being displayed in current vs watts hurts my head. Any ability to add the option to switch to watts? Or is this already there and I just don’t see it?

Mike

marine mfd appgui-v2
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @MikePail

I agree, hurts my head too. There's no option to change it. On the day the new app was introduced I raised this very point with mvader (CEO), who suggested that it could be changed but we await feedback. And I've seen no feedback here at all since then.. except yours - thanks.

So if there's anyone else out there who has something to say, please offer it up, either way, and on any aspect of the MFD app, and I'll 'reapply' for consideration.

Another I have - The big green SOC circle I'd prefer to have it's zero point based on Discharge Floor rather than Zero SOC. Just me.

For any unaware of what we're talking about (and you have a GX device/ LAN), type "venus.local/app" in a browser. Hidden gem..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Martin (Victron Energy) avatar image
Martin (Victron Energy) answered ·

This is coming, but I don't have a timeline. The new gui will have a similar setting to toggle between A and W. The idea is to use this same setting for the marine MFD app.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic