question

sean-tarpey avatar image
sean-tarpey asked

Input Current Limit will not change.

I have a Multiplus ii 12/3000/120-50 120V controller in my Airstream Tradewind. I would like to use my Honda 2200w 20A Generator to charge the batteries when out camping but plugging the Airstream into it causes a fault.

I have tried to lower the Input Current Limit but the option is disabled (greyed out) in the control panel. I get a "This setting is disabled. Possible reasons are "Overruled by remote" is not enabled or an assistant is preventing the adjustment. Please check the inverter configuration with VEConfigure"

So I go into VRM and I set the Inverter/Charger Control to enabled. With it saying that this option allows a user to change current limits.

But even with that enabled I still cannot adjust the input current limit in the controls. It is still greyed out.

What am I missing?

Multiplus-IIinput current
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

This setting is on the multiplus, can only be changed with VE.Configure software and a MK3 to USB adapter. The software is free, the adapter isn't too expensive. But follow the instructions.

You may prefer to get an installer or dealer to do this for you.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sean-tarpey avatar image
sean-tarpey answered ·

Thx, I am pretty confident I can handle this myself. Is there somewhere I can find the instructions or will they just pop up on VE.configure when I hook my laptop into the unit with the adapter?

Edit: Never mind I found them, THX again!

2 |3000

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic