question

homeralaska avatar image
homeralaska asked

Victron Multiplus 12/3000/120-32, Earth leak?

Hi,

I have a simple set-up in my van with a victron multiplus 12/3000/120-32, a lithium battery, solar panels/mmpt. When i run the inverter off-grid (not connected to shorepower) all is ok.

When i connect the shorepower and switch on the inverter, i get a small shock when i touch the the van when my feed are on the gras.

Checked: I put a steel rod in the gound and measured 19,6V between a steel part of the van and the rod in the ground. When i switch of the inverter its gone.

My shore power is grounded and there is an earth leakage circuit breaker in place.

My Multiplus is grounded to the van, via the negative busbar

Is this normal?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Not normal.

Is the shore power grounded to the van? It should be. Check also the correct polarity of the van and shore power.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

homeralaska avatar image
homeralaska answered ·

Yeah its grounded, i checked at two campsites aso checked the L/N and earth on the Multiplus and on the connection they are all ok.

But knowing its not ok..i will measure some more :-(

2 |3000