question

sinex avatar image
sinex asked

Victron Multiplis 12/3000/120

Victron Multiplis 12/3000/120

I have the above on our narrow boat, we have 5 leisure batteries, the inverter stops inverting 12v to 240v around a battery level of 84%, one we run the engine and increase the level it starts again.

This morning it took say 40 mins to reach 87% from the low of 83%, but only say 10 mins from 87% to 100%.

Via the VE buss connection can I set it to invert to say 60% of battery capacity? If so what is the setting I look for.

Many thanks in advance,

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Sinex. Relying on a %age reading is fraught with danger. Even if it's a BMV or suchlike it will need tuning-in before confidence in it could be accepted as a base for batt management.

Presuming Pb batts, go back to Voltage readings to keep tabs on them. A dying inverter suggests quite a low V, and likely at a damaging level if you continue doing it.

You don't say what it is, but even a BMV can drift further away from reality day by day, and needs setting up correctly and syncing regularly.

Maybe these comments aren't especially relevant to you, and if not please provide more specific info so we can try to help out with it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.