question

motorboatin avatar image
motorboatin asked

Can I jump the 120v input to the 120v output MultiPlus 3000

I have old 8ga generator wire running to where I plan to put the Multiplus. My question is: can I use the same wire that feeds the multiplus so it can charge the batteries to also be the inverter output? One 120v ac wire to the unit in total.

I know it's a weird ask. But access is a b!^$#

Thanks in advance!

wiring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
delf67 avatar image
delf67 answered ·

No. What do you propose to connect the other end of the cable to?

If you fed shore power down the cable to charge the batteries, you would be feeding 120V into the MPs output.

If you connected the cable to your loads, the MPs inverter would also be feeding 120V into the MPs input.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

motorboatin avatar image
motorboatin answered ·

Wasn't sure if there was a setting for that since there are so many customizable settings. I kinda figured it couldn't be done but it was worth the ask. Would've saved me a few hours of fishing wire lol

1 comment
2 |3000

delf67 avatar image delf67 commented ·

I take it you can't just use the existing cable to pull 2 new cables through?

1 Like 1 ·
motorboatin avatar image
motorboatin answered ·

I'll try fishing the new wire in. I'd like to reuse the 8ga since it's free lol. Thanks for the speedy replies.

1 comment
2 |3000

delf67 avatar image delf67 commented ·
You could use the existing one to pull a rope through, then use the rope to pull the existing one back through with a new one? Might be a quicker way of doing it.

Good luck!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources