question

Csaba Köböl avatar image
Csaba Köböl asked

Pylontech in Rack - cable length

Hi,

my Pylontechs are in a rack, reading the forum there are suggestion to cable and fuse it
for every 2 US3000C battery, and every single US5000C. How to do it ? I think the Pylontech provided 2m cables are not long enough if I have stacked 8 (5+3) in a rack? The MII says 2x70mm2 but it cant fit into Power-in? So what my options are for the cable from the Pylontechs {also need add a fuse, as I am not fan of megafuse prices}? And what for the busbars?

Pylontechwiring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

(Assumption the unit is a 48/5000 please correct me if I’m wrong as I assume that’s the one you mean so this is what I would say for that)

The cables for the battery won’t reach all the pylontechs, I have 4 US5000 and it’s a stretch to the top, but my cable is bottom entry to the rack all the batteries are individually powered via the Lynx Distro using pylontechs extended cable they sell. 70mm2 should fit no problem on to the eyelet end on the lynx I used a washers and bolts to get my 120mm2 cable joined.

Littelfuse is your friend for fuses quick Google loads of different sizes I would use 2 victron lynx distribution or power in for bus bar and as long as it’s not over 1000amps linked together ( Unless you do the unsanctioned mod I’m not promoting it but know it exists and some people use it ).

Preference I would use the distro to get the batteries and there cables protected fuse accordingly per battery if using distro littfuse has loads of amp ratings to choose from then maybe a main breaker at the end that would be there to protect the cable from the multi to the distro for short circuit or current limit of the cable hope that helps

img-4704.png

img-4704.png (469.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Csaba Köböl avatar image
Csaba Köböl answered ·

thanks, yes for now it is a single Multiplus II 5000 off-grid, but I am considering to upgrade it to 3x Multiplus II 5000 parallel {if I find same models my is like 3 years old so i don't know if it is really feasible} or 1x Quattro 15kw {waiting for the electric company to connect me ETA 4yrs if I don't wanna pay the whole route and a gen} for my future EV

thanks, so I can use Lynx distributor
Distributor 1
Group 1 : 2x Pylontech US3000C
Group 2 : 2x Pylontech US3000C
Group 3 : 1x Pylontech US3000C
Group4: 1x Pylontech US5000C

Distributor 2
Group 1: 1x Pylontech US5000C
Group 2: 1x Pylontech US5000C

I have a 42U rack for batteries only I cant imagine how the provided 2m could reach. I tried to google for longer Pylontech cables like 5 -10m but was unsuccessful any tips where i get one in the EU ?

2 comments
2 |3000