question

Matt drummond bell avatar image
Matt drummond bell asked

Pv assistant

Is there anyway of turning the pv assistant max charge voltage down?

offgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Matt drummond bell

You set the grid charger voltages internally in the inverter lower. Since that is the settings used for AC PV charging.

Or in DVCC you can cap battery voltage. But that is global if you have DC mppts it affects that too.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matt drummond bell avatar image Matt drummond bell commented ·
Hhmm ok so absorption v in inverter is not controlling? I am running Daly BMs s on battery aggregator and dvcc is running through that, kind of but not very well it stops all charge when it’s on .

I am having to voltages on all devices, as they are 12s 3.7 s dvcc was working but now just shuts off charge

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Matt drummond bell commented ·

Well. Daly is not on officially supported so won't be as refined as others.

The PV assistant is not really as refined as the on grid ESS. Usually DC PV finishes the charge off the AC PV parks off close to finish. Maybe consider that as an option.

Or you could set the ramp down Hz a bit differently to try change min production amount. To prevent the overshoot which is likely the problem here. I do see that Daly lacks fast enough balancing. Not sure if you have done extra on your pack for that?

Total guessing here as I also don't know what AC PV you have either. Just notes from what I have seen in the field.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matt drummond bell avatar image
Matt drummond bell answered ·

all sorted i had to play with some settings in dbs config to be able to use dvcc as 3.7v cells etc etc

it was shutting doen and not allowing charge. now freq shift working fine

2 |3000

Related Resources