question

Chris Moller avatar image
Chris Moller asked

Dynamic ESS on Microsoft Edge

I've installed Dynamic ESS, and am very pleased with it. However, I can't view it online using Microsoft Edge Ver 123.0.2420.65 (64-bit) as installed in Windows11 - it just constantly says Connecting.... Other older browsers seem fine - and other Victron sites without Dynamic ESS are also fine. Anyone else experienced this?

dynamic ess
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Chris Moller answered ·

Update - on Windows11, I eventually gave up with Microsoft Edge, downloaded Chrome - and found the same issue. I can view my sites that don't have Dynamic ESS, but not the one site that does - it just says 'connecting....' for ever. As soon as I turn Dynamic ESS off (using an older computer, of course), it loads fine under Win11. Any suggestions?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) answered ·

Is it site id 91666? In that case you should first update your Venus firmware to version v3.30.

2 |3000

Barbara (Victron Energy) avatar image
Barbara (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi! We tried to reproduce this bug on a Windows 11 machine on Edge, but we could open all of your sites. Only 48984 gave some issues, but that was the same on mac and related to all devices having outdated data.

Updating to the firmware version Dirk-Jan just mentioned is the first step. If the problem persists, someone of our support team could have a call with you to look into this.

2 |3000

Chris Moller answered ·

Thanks, Dirk-Jan and Barbara. Yes, the site is 91666 (the other problematic one is in Africa, and just needs me to load more data allowance into the SIM.) I can't easily update the 91666 firmware at the moment, but will have a go when I can.

Curiously, I note that the symptom has changed, and now either Edge or Chrome freezes with a partial page loaded when I attempt to access my installation with Dynamic ESS enabled - I assume they're receiving some illegal HTML (interestingly, my Android phone doesn't have a problem). If there's a problem with my installation, it probably shouldn't cause VRM to send bad HTML.

1 comment
2 |3000

dirk-s avatar image dirk-s commented ·
strange, i never had this issue. It works like a charm with MS Edge on Win 11. I use it nearly every day since early beta of DESS.. But everything like Venus OS and Win11 and Edge is up to date.
0 Likes 0 ·