question

ceriw avatar image
ceriw asked

Disable charging from VRM portal

How can I disable charging from my phone?

I am away on holiday and the battery is going above it's max charge voltage.

I have set the maximum charge current to 0A but it is still charging.

Is there anything else I need to set?

Thanks

Ceri

ESSVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Ceri.w

It seems your BMS was asking for this voltage!

You could have turned off your inverter through remote panel. (devices, multi, switch)

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ceriw avatar image ceriw commented ·

Hi Daniel,

The screenshot you have is from 5 days ago when I was doing a balance charge. The problem I am having today.

The only options are off, on and charge only. There is no option to maintain output but disable charging in the list.

As you can see from the above graphs, the BMS has set the CVL at 57.3V all day. The battery has been above this and still charging.

From my understanding, the maximum charge current overruled the maximum BMS value anyway (lowest takes priority) is this not the case?

Thank you so much for your support

Ceri

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ceriw commented ·

@Ceri.w

My apologies, I don't know why, but I got that as the latest info...(the old graph)

The voltage creeps up indeed, can you program the BMS to set CCL=0A? now it says CCL=1.1A

But the voltage shouldn't creep up, I'll ask an engineer to look at it.

another thing that might work for now is to disable 'keep batteries charged' in ESS and set it to 'optimised', you can set the discharge limit to 90-95%.

0 Likes 0 ·
ceriw avatar image ceriw Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff),

did you get chance to ask the engineers about this? It seems very repeatable when ESS is set to keep battery full.

If I set it to optimised with a 90% discharge limit, it seems to be ok.

I've contacted REC asking about the charge current limit not dropping to 0A when battery is above the charge voltage limit.

Thanks

Ceri

0 Likes 0 ·
1567519182859.png (91.1 KiB)
1567519189715.png (91.1 KiB)

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic