question

engabdiazizxidig avatar image
engabdiazizxidig asked

Error code: #82 - PV Input shutdown

Hello everyone,

I had encountered a problem of Error code: #82 - PV Input shutdown of two charge controllers with multiplus-II 8kVA inverter with 2 of 4.4kWh batteries that is 8.8kWh battery bank.

The alarm comes, when battery reaches 100% SOS, I updated the firmware of each component; I have also installed stabilizer to stabilize the grid voltage.

1711873937473.png

1711873903436.png

manual error
1711873903436.png (83.6 KiB)
1711873937473.png (27.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

From the docs:

When these errors show, the PV Input is internally shorted in order to protect the battery from over-charging.

Prior to any other trouble shooting, make sure to update to the latest firmware version.

Possible reasons for this error to occur:

• The Battery voltage (12/24/36/48V) is set incorrectly. Use VictronConnect to set the right Battery Voltage.

• There is another device connected to the battery, which is configured to a higher voltage. For example a MultiPlus, configured to equalise at 17 Volts, while in the MPPT this is not configured.

Error recovery:

• Error 38 and Errors 84 to 87: First disconnect the solar panels and disconnect the battery. Wait for 3 minutes, then reconnect the battery first and next the panels.

• Error 39: The charger will automatically resume operation once the battery voltage drops below its maximum voltage setting (normally Equalisation or Absorption voltages). It can also takes a minute to reset the fault.

• Errors 80 to 83: First disconnect the solar panels and disconnect the battery, then follow the reset procedure described here.

If the error persists the charge controller is probably faulty.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic