question

ee21 avatar image
ee21 asked

Victron Chargers that work with Color GX/ESS Assistant?

I have two MultiPlus inverter/chargers already running ESS, but would like to add some additional charging capacity without the need for additional inverting. I am only interested in doing so if the other Victron charging equipment can be integrated with my Color Control GX, and ideally used with the "Scheduled Charging" feature of the ESS assistant. From what I am reading in the manuals, this does not appear to be possible however. Can anyone provide any input on this?

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
porcini avatar image
porcini answered ·

I don't think that will work,

The Skylla-i with VE.Can is probably the only supported charger in venus OS. The phoenix chargers have a VE.Bus but aren't supported.

Anyway this Skylla is only available for 24V-Systems and would only work "manually" i think.

Though, I'm not sure about that.

regards,

porcini

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ee21 avatar image ee21 commented ·

I suspected as much that I'd probably end up needing to put the charger on a timer switch. That is unfortunate none of the charger-only products are as "smart" as the Multi's.

0 Likes 0 ·
David avatar image
David answered ·

You could look at the Phoenix Smart IP43 Chargers maybe?

They have a VE.Direct port so can be monitored by the CCGX. I don't know if they can be controlled by the Venus OS but they have a Remote On/Off so could be controlled by a relay that is controlled by the ESS I would imagine. ( I have not seen the IP43 Chargers in the flesh yet so am basing this on info within the datasheet at https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Phoenix-Smart-IP43-Charger-EN.pdf )

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic