question

ccb avatar image
ccb asked

Fronius Primo Gen24 5.0 upstream Victron Multiplus 48/5000/70-100

Hello,

I'm looking at a somewhat unconventional approach and I know that it may not be the most typical or recommended course of action. Due to the discontinuation of BYD's B-Box Pro batteries, I'm considering integrating another battery into the existing system. Specifically, I'm curious about incorporating an additional BYD battery (either HVS or HVM) alongside the current setup, which includes two Fronius Inverters: a Fronius Primo 5.0 (connected downstream to Victron) and a Fronius Primo Gen24 (connected upstream to Victron).

Currently, the actual BYD B-Box Pro battery is linked to the Victron system. I'm unsure about the precise terminology, but for clarity, let's refer to the Fronius Primo 5.0 as downstream and the Fronius Primo Gen24 as upstream in relation to Victron.

My questions go around the functionality of this expanded system. Intuitively (though this may not be accurate), I assume that if there is no sunlight, the newly added Fronius-connected battery would discharge first, followed by the Victron-connected battery.

Chargind should be simpler, the new battery will be charged by Gen24 only, and the old battery will be charged by both Inverters (if there is anything left available from Gen 24).

I'm curious about your perspective: Is this a simplistic solution that won't hold up in practice (crazy solution), or could it can work as intended?

1711445894393.png

FroniusBYD
1711445894393.png (1.1 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers