question

voltimus avatar image
voltimus asked

Multiplus II 5000 48v not charging full amps

I have 3x MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-50 with 3 LFP batteries 18S x280Ah and PV inverter AC coupled.

I was getting battery charge at over 10kW, but after I installed Cerbo GX updates now I'm getting only 6kW charge no matter what i do. Inverter settings are 70A charger, Cerbo GX > ESS >"limit charge = off". Inverters are located in room with 16-18C room temperature and just slightly warm.

Any ideas why it is behaving so? and how to debug this issue?

screenshot-2024-03-25-at-151540.png

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

What is the battery CCL that it is sending to the GX? Have you set a current or Voltage limit in DVCC?

(You also don't seem to have followed the Factor 1 rule for PV inverters)

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

voltimus avatar image voltimus commented ·

CCL -150A for every battery. battery BMS is not talking to Cerbo GX.

DVCC is OFF (BMS on every battery )

No, PV inverter will not push more than 15kW to MPII (export limit is set and additional smart meter is installed just before MPII)

The thing is that just some time ago i saw charger charging 10kW+ , but not it is capped ~6kW

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ voltimus commented ·
If you have battery life on switch it off.
0 Likes 0 ·
voltimus avatar image
voltimus answered ·

I have "Optimized without BatteryLife" ON

2 |3000